11 May 2006

recapitulation


my mixed-media self-portrait from art
(crayon, watercolors, and mirror)

I was randomly reminded of my New Year's Resolutions today.

1)write
2)swim
3)patience

How am I doing? WELL...

1) I haven't been writing, exactly, but I have been being quite creative anyway. I paint a lot now-- I've always loved watercolors, and art class has given me an excuse to do it as often as I want. And my guitar has been a great outlet too. I only know a handful of chords, but I've been writing music now and then. So hey! I have been writing, I guess! (I should really get on that, though...)

2) I did swim straight through J-term, and sporadically afterwards...I'm feeling great healthwise. I did a vegetarian stint during January, too-- and recently for about a month. Next year, I think I'm going to start going every day at the beginning of the year, and keep it up for as long as I can. Maybe every other day or something. I'm planning on teaching swimming lessons this summer. So hey! I'm doing ok with that, too!

3) The patience. I'm doing ok. There's a fine line that I think I've been toeing... being patient is different than being passive. I want to work on this one. I don't want to be chasing things, but I certainly don't want anything worth pursuing to pass me by...

No comments: