29 May 2006

memorial day



Tyler, Whing, Jo, Me, Bets, and Chris

How many days did it take me to get over my mopey withdrawl? The same number it took for my friends to realize that I was home. I still miss school a LOT LOT LOT, but my friends here make me thankful.

Sarah and Ashley promptly kidnapped me and took me out for pie. We had so much fun just eating pie and talking and laughing-- good memories and stories about our (very!) different college experiences.

Then! The TIM(e) group (and Chris!) got together at Perkins and my house. Some people had to leave early, and some couldn't come until later, but we DID get to have a girly sleepover FINALLY! (We missed Bekah though!!) And I guess it was kind of ok getting to see all the guys, too... I am SO VERY THANKFUL for ALL of them. Some things change...but some things don't ever change! We've already got a couple camping weekends picked out for the rest of the summer. Hopefully we'll be able to get out to Sibley to see Frankie at camp, too.

Whitney is in Sweden! And Jourdan is in Montana! I'm really happy that two of my best friends get to be off having adventures...but I sure will miss you girls!

Meanwhile, back in the real world, I am completely gutting out my room...and I got bunkbeds! It has been loads of not-so-fun work, but it feels really really good to get rid of things that just aren't important. I realized that I have way way too much stuff. And I'm making room for the things that are actually important! Needless to say, I'm not even CLOSE to being done...

I saw X3 with Matt Clay and Mike on Friday. I haven't seen the first two, but this one kind of made me want to watch all of them! It was pretty good, if you like action movies and special effects and stuff. Definitely not a tear-jerker, or terribly deep or anything, but very entertaining anyway!

I am lonely here! It has been so good to spend time with my family, and absolutely AWESOME to see my dear friends, but now it's kind of just like...meh. I miss being with people all the time! Ellie time is nice, but I always make Ellie time regardless. I want to play HALO all night, or eat lunch with people, or chill in the lobby for an hour and talk to everyone who walks by! I want Berg 1 and 4W back! I want my friends! Hmph.

I'm going up to Gull tomorrow, probably the last time I will be at the house. Ever. I know that I'm going to cry, so I'll come back to this later...

Oh, and it's Memorial day. I wish we did things that we do on Memorial day every day.

No comments: